PrismTech Announces Vortex 2.1 the Most Comprehensive Real-Time Data Sharing Platform for the Internet of Things
Vortex provides an ideal data connectivity solution for business critical and industrial IoT systems
|Vortex 2.1 Real-Time Data Sharing Platform for the Internet of Things|
Boston, MA, USA – PrismTech™, a global leader in software platforms for distributed systems, today announced the availability of its Vortex™ 2.1 Intelligent Data Sharing Platform for the Internet of Things (IoT). This latest version of its award winning IoT platform provides the ideal solution for integrating real-time distributed systems.
Vortex is based on the Object Management Group™’s (OMG™) Data Distribution Service (DDS) for Real-time Systems open standard and builds on proven technologies to provide an efficient solution for real-time device, edge and cloud IoT data sharing. Vortex is a crucial enabler for systems that have to reliably and securely deliver high volumes of data with stringent end-to-end qualities-of-service (QoS); hence its suitability for delivering the right information to the right place at the right time.
Vortex 2.1 includes the following new functionality:
• Client side Durability is now supported by both Vortex Lite and Vortex Café. This means that TRANSIENT and PERSISTENT Durability QoS policies can now be used by both Vortex Lite and Vortex Café applications provided that at least one Vortex OpenSplice™ Durability Service is deployed in the same system.
• Vortex Lite now includes support for extensible data models based on Google Protocol Buffers (GPB). GPB is a language-neutral, platform-neutral extensible mechanism for serializing structured data developed by Google. The benefit of using GPBs is that they are extensible and can be updated without breaking programs that are compiled against “older” data structure definitions. This ability enables systems and their data models to evolve dynamically without major application re-engineering. GPB support in Vortex Lite is currently available for the ISO C++ API. GPB support is already available in Vortex OpenSplice (Java, C and ISO C++) and will be available shortly in Vortex Café.
• Vortex OpenSplice also includes a number of new features, including:
- It is now possible to detach from all domains. A new operation has been added to the DomainParticipantFactory in the DDS API that allows you to detach your application safely from all Domains it is participating in with one single call.
- The naming of DomainParticipant, Publisher, Subscriber, DataWriter and DataReader entities has been improved. When visualized with one of the Vortex tools (Insight, Tuner or Tester) the improved naming makes it easier for users to relate entities to their applications.
- A new section called "Controls" has been introduced to Vortex OpenSplice Launcher. This section contains buttons to easily start and stop an OpenSplice domain based on the active ospl config file in Launcher. When the user clicks on the start/stop button, a progress bar is displayed in the bottom tool bar to indicate that Launcher is processing the request. When Launcher has completed the operation, notification pop-up messages are displayed indicating the result of the requested operation.
- Windows 10 is now supported.
“This new version of the Vortex platform highlights how we have significantly accelerated our new product development following our recent acquisition by ADLINK Technology,” said Angelo Corsaro, CTO, PrismTech. “We look forward to delivering many new extremely innovative IoT products to our global customer base in the coming months.”
Further information about PrismTech’s Vortex platform is available at: www.prismtech.com/vortex.
--- END ---
PrismTech’s customers deliver systems for the Internet of Things, the Industrial Internet and advanced wireless communications. PrismTech supplies the data connectivity solutions, tools and professional services they need to build systems with the required: platform coverage, performance, scalability, efficiency, flexibility and robustness. PrismTech’s customers service many market sectors, including: industrial automation, energy, healthcare, transportation, smart cities, financial services, aerospace and defense. For additional information about PrismTech, visit the web site at www.prismtech.com.
Vortex and OpenSplice are trademarks of PrismTech. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.